Nowadays, you may connect with your loved ones and make new acquaintances with Snapchat in no time at all. Snapchat’s primary mode of communicating is through images or snaps, and users adore this social media platform due to the sheer interactive environment they get from using and viewing snaps.
In spite of its reputation, Snapchat is still not exclusively about sharing photos and video clips with pals. There are a number of other useful functions within the application. Since its inception, Snapchat has been focused on facilitating the process of users meeting and connecting with new individuals.
The “Quick Add” function in Snapchat was the primary catalyst. However, what exactly is “Quick Add” on Snapchat? Those interested in learning what it actually means and how to make use of this characteristic must continue reading this blog post till the very end!
See Also: How to Half-Swipe on Snapchat
Quick Add On Snapchat
To quickly add fellow Snapchat members whom you may indeed know, use the “Quick Add” functionality. You might claim that Snapchat’s “Quick Add” function seems to be a catalog of mutual acquaintances or pals of buddies.
This function will frequently suggest that you add new mates. There is a good chance that you already recognize an individual who has just signed up for the platform and that you will see their moniker pop up. Here’s how to utilize “Quick Add” on Snapchat step-by-step:
- First, launch the “Snapchat” application on your smartphone either from the home screen or the app library.
- Next, tap on the “Add Friends” option. It will be available in the upper right-hand corner, prior to the “Revert Camera” option.
- After that, you will land on the “Add Friends” screen. Here, under the section titled “Quick Add”, tap on the “Add” option present right next to the name of the individual whom you want to add as a friend of yours on Snapchat.
OK, you got it! Thanks to Snapchat’s “Quick Add” feature, you’ve successfully expanded your friend group on this amazing social media platform.
Taking Yourself Off Snapchat’s Quick Add List
If you don’t want your Snapchat profile to be shown when users use the “Quick Add” option, you can disable this function. I’ll show you how to discard your Snapchat account from the “Quick Add” feature easily, without facing any issues. Here’s what you must do in order to have your Snapchat account taken off of “Quick Add”:
- First, open the “Snapchat” app on your mobile device.
- Next, tap on your profile icon. It will be available in the top left-hand corner of your smartphone screen.
- After that, proceed with tapping on the gear-shaped (Settings) icon, present in the upper right-hand corner.
- Now, under the section titled “Privacy Control”, tap on the option labeled “See Me In Quick Add”.
- Finally, tap on the checkbox present right next to the “Show Me In Quick Add” option, to successfully disable it.
Once you’re finished, fellow Snapchat members won’t be able to find you in the “Quick Add” list. If you’re not keen on having your Snapchat account displayed in this section, I offer the pre-mentioned helpful hint. But, it’s too unfair you can’t totally disable “Quick Add” for your profile, since the functionality is essential to Snapchat’s functioning.
See Also: What Does the Hourglass Mean on Snapchat
“Quick Add” on Snapchat is a great way to quickly add friends and build up your Snapchat network. It’s fast, easy, and convenient, which makes it an essential tool for anyone using Snapchat. If you’re not using “Quick Add” on Snapchat yet, what are you waiting for? Give it a try today and see how much easier it is to connect with buddies & loved ones on Snapchat.