Lost your AirPods case? Wondering how to turn AirPods on without case? Here’s the guide on how to connect airpods without case easily.
In recent years, Apple AirPods have become the must-have audio accessory for iPhone and iPad users. They connect to their devices via Bluetooth, allowing them to serve as input and output devices.
You may already know that these gadgets come in a case that houses one pair of AirPods. However, you may not know that you can pair your AirPods directly with your iPhone or iPad.
Don’t worry; in this how-to guide, you’ll learn how to connect your Apple AirPods to your device without a case. You might even wonder how it is even possible. The AirPods work in all three models. These methods work on all three models.
Well, now come to the main topic there are two ways through which you can easily learn how you can Connect Airpods Without a Charging Case. Without further ado now let’s get started.
iPhones & iPads offer lots of features and SharePlay is one of them. It is newly added for FaceTime that allows the user to watch shows, and movies, listen to music, work out, and play games while video chatting with others. SharePlay is also able to connect the AirPods without using the case. Below is the way to use it.
- First of all, you have to go to the control center.
- After this press & hold on to the audio card which is just situated that top the top right of the control center.
- At the time when it gets enlarged, then you should click on the SharePlay icon.
- Now from the list of paired Bluetooth devices, you have to Select the AirPods.
At the time when it is done, then your already paired AirPods will easily get connected to the device just without using any case.
Do remember that when you will be doing this same process on an iPad just make sure that you have to pair your AirPods to the iPad before as well.
Related: How to Change Wake Screen Setting on Apple Watch
Method #2: Connect AirPods without using a charging case to an Android device
In case you are ready to Connect AirPods without using the charging case to your Android so there is a way,
- First of all, go to Settings.
- Head to Bluetooth.
- Choose your AirPods simply from the list of paired Bluetooth devices.
Once completed! At that time the AirPods will also get connected to the Android without any trouble.
How to connect AirPods to an iPod Touch, iPad, or iPhone?
The following steps will help you connect your Airpod to your iDevice:
- If they aren’t in the case, place them back.
- You should see an amber status light when you open the cover.
- After pressing the setup button, hold it for a few seconds. It is the small round button on the back of the case.
- A flashing white status light will appear after a few seconds.
- Switch back to your iDevice’s home screen.
- Hold your iPhone beside the case with your AirPods still in it.
- You’ll see a setup animation almost immediately. Tap Connect and then tap Done.
Note: Unless the AirPods are in the list of Bluetooth devices, you won't be able to connect them. That means they haven't been paired before or the battery is dead.
How Do Airpods Work?
A pair of AirPods are housed in a charging case that connects to a wireless network using Bluetooth protocols.
Bluetooth protocols enable connectivity between AirPods and their charging case, but not between them and the case. On the other hand, the charging case is designed primarily to:
- Charging your AirPods
- First time pairing the AirPods
- Protecting and holding the pods
Other than these, the AirPods case has no objective function from the factory. If you’ve previously connected your AirPods to your iPhone or iPad, you don’t need the case to continue pairing.
I lost my case for my AirPods, can I still connect them to my iPhone?
Yes, if your AirPods’ battery isn’t dead, you can connect your AirPods to your device.
AirPods have a catch, when the battery runs out, which it will, you’ll have to charge them.
If you lose your charging case, you can get a replacement at an Apple store. Amazon has them for about $70.
Well, hopefully, this guide will help you a lot. If you have any issues or any queries you can ask us in the comments section below.