Among the most widely utilized social networking platforms is Instagram, nowadays. Nonetheless, if you’re fresh to Instagram, safeguarding your privacy may seem like a daunting task. The topic of this article is Instagram anonymity and how to conceal your follower count, or in simple words how to hide followers on Instagram.
Instagram hasn’t exactly made it simple or evident for those who desire more secure privacy options. This is helpful, in particular, for people who have a sizable fan base but would prefer to keep that fact to themselves.
Instagram used to be limited to simple snapshot posting prior to the actual addition of reels and stories. Nevertheless, as the functionality of the app expanded, it become more difficult to keep your data safe.
Instagram, along with other online digital networking platforms, has muddled the bounds of what can and cannot be shared publicly. Because of this, it’s important to take safety measures. It’s possible that you’d prefer to keep your Instagram following and followers lists secret. Read on to find out how to accomplish that!
Methods to Hide Followers on Instagram
Have you been trying to find a technique to conceal your Instagram followers? Instagram by itself doesn’t explicitly provide a way to keep your follower count secret. Additionally, there is currently no third-party app that allows you to mask your Instagram followers.
While Instagram does provide a number of options for limiting who can view your account, it is still possible to be discovered. However, you can still obscure your devotees with a few other techniques.
Although it may not be possible to completely hide your Instagram followers, there are still steps you can do to protect their privacy. Here, I will show you a few simple methods to keep your Instagram followers a secret from other individuals. Let’s examine these potential approaches and their viability without any further ado.
See Also: How to Delete Drafts on Instagram?
Hide Followers on Instagram by Making the Account Private
If someone isn’t subscribing to you on Instagram, they won’t be able to see who you’re following or who follows you. Simply switch to a private account mode on Instagram. Then, only your followers will indeed be able to look at those identities.
It’s important to keep in mind that if you intend to advertise your Instagram account, making it private in order to hide followers is probably not the best choice. Your videos and pics will only be visible to your followers.
Those who don’t follow you have no way of knowing if you are the person they were hoping to find or that they even want to see your postings. It indicates that they have a lower probability to become a subscriber of yours.
Making the most of the bio link is essential if you want to keep your Instagram profile private while still attracting new followers. It’s viewable by everyone on the Insta network. Include all of your social media profiles and a brief bio on a single page.
You may show people what they might expect to find in their timeline if they subscribe to you, by including amazing and eye-catching video clips and photos. This way, your potential followers or non-subscribers can verify that you’re the sort of individual they would really like to keep tabs on.
Here are the steps to make a private Instagram account. Follow the steps sequentially and carefully to get the job done in no time at all.
- First, launch the “Instagram” application on your smartphone either from the home screen or the app library.
- Next, tap on your profile icon appearing at the bottom right-hand corner of your mobile device screen.
- After that, proceed with tapping on the hamburger icon i.e., the three horizontal lines (≡) icon present in the top right-hand corner.
- Now, from the prompted menu, tap on the option labeled “Settings”.
- Next, tap on the option named “Privacy”.
- After that, under the section titled “Account Privacy”, you will see an option i.e., “Private Account”. Tap on the toggle button present right next to it, to enable it.
- Finally, from the popped menu, tap on the button labeled “Switch to Private”. That’s all there is to it! Therefore, only authorized Instagram users may view your follower and following lists, now.
Hide Followers on Instagram by Blocking Users
Turning your Instagram profile private to hide your follower count is not a good idea if you’re trying to drum up new business. User blocking is the sole option, you are left with in this case. It could necessitate some time if you have to individually block the access for each user. However, this will prevent some Instagram users from seeing your following and followers.
Remember that the blocked persons will never be lucky enough to locate your Instagram profile anymore till you finally unblock them. There could be tensions and arguments if a person one day finds that your Instagram account does not appear in the search results. Hence, you should give some serious consideration to the fact that the benefits of maintaining a private Instagram follower list are worth the potential drawbacks.
Block an Instagram account by following these simple instructions. You can finish the task quickly and successfully if you follow the instructions in order and pay close attention to each detail.
- To begin, open the “Instagram” app on your mobile device.
- Next, navigate to the person’s profile whom you want to block, so that they can’t see your followers list on Instagram.
- After that, tap on the kebab menu icon i.e., the three vertical dots (⋮) icon. It will be present in the top right-hand corner of your smartphone’s screen.
- Now, from the prompted menu, tap on the option labeled “Block”.
- Next, you will be provided with two options i.e. “Block <username> and new accounts they may create”, and simply “Block <username>”. Tap on the radio button right next to any one of the aforementioned options.
- Finally, proceed with tapping on the button i.e., “Block”.
With this, you have successfully accomplished the task of blocking a user on Instagram. They’ll be out of luck, now that they can’t access your profile. This individual will be unable to view your Instagram account, including your lineup of followers, who you’re following, or any of your posted material.
Hide Followers on Instagram by Eliminating a Follower From Your List of Followers
Sometimes, even if someone is connected to you via Instagram, you won’t desire for them to know how many people you’re following or how many people you’re being followed by. The privacy settings on the Instagram account are insufficient here. You should also remove them as a follower from your profile, whereupon they won’t be capable of reaching you through your account. There seem to be numerous other reasonable grounds to periodically purge your Instagram followers, by the way.
In order to unfollow a follower, here’s what to do. If you give careful attention to every step in the process and adhere to the directions in accordance, you should be able to complete the task promptly and effectively.
- First, launch the “Instagram” application on your handset either from the app library or the home screen.
- Next, tap on your profile icon, in the bottom right-hand corner of your mobile device screen.
- After that, tap on the followers count. It will be available in the upper section, in between your total number of posts and the following.
- Now, a complete catalog of your followers will be displayed in front of you, under the section titled “All Followers”.
- Next, pick the follower whom you want to remove from your list of Instagram followers.
- After that, proceed with tapping on the button labeled “Remove”, present right next to the follower’s name.
- Finally, tap on the “Remove” option inside the popped-up menu. That’s all!
There you have it! Three different ways to hide your Instagram followers from prying eyes. Whether you want to keep your follower count private for personal reasons or you’re trying to avoid a social media meltdown, these methods will help you stay hidden. Give them a try, and let me know how it goes in the comments below!