Announced back in August 2020, Reels have become a much-welcomed feature on Instagram despite the controversy surrounding its inception. This new short content type on Instagram allows you to create up to 60-second videos that might help you promote your account and connect with new audiences.
However, if Reels do not appear in the app for you, it can be discouraging. If you’re having trouble with this, here’s the reasons why you’re not getting them and how to get reels on instagram in easy ways.
Why are Reels not Available for You?
There are a variety of reasons why you might not have Reels. It could be due to area constraints, account restrictions, a corrupted cache, and various other factors. Here are some of the most common reasons reels could not be in your app.
You may be in an unsupported region with government-imposed limitations, which is why Reels isn’t available to you.
If you have an older smartphone or haven’t updated your apps in a while, your Instagram app will likely be out of the current. Older versions of Instagram are unable Reels for security reasons; therefore, an outdated app may cause your inability to use this function.
Moreover, if you have too many likes or followers on your account, you may be blocklisted, limiting the capabilities accessible to you. The algorithm may have flagged your account, preventing you from accessing Reels.
Certain new accounts with restricted verification have limited functionality and capabilities to prevent spam accounts on the site. This function may not be available to you since you have a new account and have yet to authenticate your identity.
Due to a technical fault, certain Instagram accounts have previously been unable to access Reels. Contacting Instagram’s customer service can help you with this. According to some reports, joining the beta program creates this problem. However, this is purely guesswork at this time.
How to Check if Reels are Accessible To You?
Let’s get to know how to use Reels on Instagram. Once you’ve resolved your problem, you’ll be able to simply access them. Additionally, if your app isn’t working, we recommend checking these places.
We propose accessing and posting a private Reel to test the feature if you have Reels someplace. So, here’s how you can use Instagram to access Reels.
Getting Reels on Instagram
Here’s four easy methods to get reels on Instagram.
Method #1: The ‘Create’ icon
This is the simplest method as it only has 1 step, isn’t that cool?
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon at the top and in the pop-up menu, and you will have an option for Reels. Now check.
Method #2: The Camera Access
- Swipe right to access the ‘Instagram Camera’ on your home feed.
- Now, you can access Reel by tapping on the ‘reels’ at the bottom of your screen.
Now create a new Reel and publish it on your Instagram page if you want.
Method #3: The ‘Create’ Icon in the Profile Tab
- At the bottom of your screen, Tap on the ‘profile’ icon.
- Now tap on the ‘+’ icon, which is at the top right corner of your profile tab.
- An option for ‘Reel’ will appear in the pop-up menu at the bottom of your screen.
Method #4: The Explore Page
If nothing works yet, this will indeed work as the explore page will have Reels intermittently playing for you and help trigger the feature and make it available for you. Pick a reel you like and try remixing and reposting it privately.
- To open the ‘Explore page’, Tap on the Magnifying Glass icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap and pick a Reel you desire and tap on the ‘3-dot’ icon at the bottom right corner of the Reel.
- Now, tap on and select ‘Remix This Reel’.
- Record a remix for the Reel by tapping and holding the ‘Shutter’ icon for 60 seconds.
- Now tap on ‘Preview’ to allow you to make any changes to your Reel as you want. Tap on ‘Next’ to proceed to the next step.
- It is totally up to you if you want Edit the visibility of your Reel or to promote the same on Facebook. Tap on ‘Next’ once done.
- Confirm your choice and tap on ‘Share’ to publish your Reel. This is how you can access and remix Reels from the Explore page.
If either of these methods is available to you, we recommend posting a Reel using them. We hope that This might help trigger the availability of Reels to you on Instagram.
How To Fix Reels Issues on Instagram (9 Easy Ways)
Here are some options for getting Reels on Instagram and fixing them. You should try these solutions to see if they help, and to ensure that your account hasn’t been flagged by Instagram, we recommend starting with the first one and continuing to issue everything is correct.
Method #1: Change Your Privacy Settings
Some of these fixes will require you to repost or remix Reels for a short period of time to activate the functionality for your account, which should then be available to you.
We recommend making your account and Reels private during these adjustments to guarantee that no random films or remixes are shared with your audience. To make the process easier, follow the instructions below.
- Open Instagram on your phone and tap on the ‘Profile’ icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the ‘Menu’ icon in the top right corner and select ‘Settings’.
- Then, tap on ‘Privacy’ and tap ‘Reels and Remix’.
- On your screen, Turn off all the active toggles.
- Go back to the previous page and tap on ‘Restricted accounts.
- Tap on ‘Continue’and restrict any followers who have access to your temporary Reel while it is posted.
And that’s it. You follow the fixes below to get Reels on Instagram.
Method #2: Check If Your Account Has Been Flagged
To see if your account has been reported by Instagram, you’ll need to create a new temporary Instagram account. You can ask your friend or family member who has Reels to log in to your smartphone and see if they’re experiencing the same problem.
This will assist you in determining whether the problem is with your device or with your account. If your account appears to be the only one experiencing this problem, you should contact the support team. Before proceeding with the procedures below, we recommend that you capture a snapshot of the available functionality.
- Open Instagram and tap on your profile icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on the ‘Menu’ icon in the top right corner and tap ‘Settings’
- Now, Tap on ‘Help’.
- Then, tap on ‘Report a problem’ and select ‘Report a problem’.
- Explain your issue in the text box that you don’t have Reels available to you.
- Go to ‘Gallery’ and select the screenshot you took.
- Submit them once you are done.
Your support ticket has now been sent. You can do so by going to Settings, going to the ‘Help’ section, and then tapping on ‘Support Requests.’ Select ‘Reports’ from the drop-down menu.
In this section, you will be able to track your filed request. That’s all there is to it! You can now explain your problem to the Instagram support team and have it resolved.
You can open the Reel in your Instagram app by visiting an external link. This may assist in activating the function and making it available to you.
To help make the feature more accessible to you, we propose remixing and releasing the Reel privately. To make the process easier, follow the instructions below.
- Open your mobile browser and go to one of the URLs provided. The Reel should now open your browser and immediately redirect to the app. If this does not happen, go to the bottom of the page and touch ‘Open in app.’
- Tap on the ‘3-dot’ menu icon in the bottom right corner and Select ‘Remix This Reel’.
- Record any video by tapping on the ‘Shutter’ icon at the bottom.
- Tap on ‘Preview’ to view your video.
- You can also mute the audio for your video by tapping on the ‘Audio’ icon at the top.
- Slide down the Camera Audio’slider and Tap on an empty area at the top to close the pop-up. Tap again on the ‘Next’ option
- Turn off the ‘Also share to Feed’ toggle. Tap on ‘Next’ once done.
- Now tap on ‘Share’.
Note: While trying to get Reels on Instagram, we hope you changed your privacy settings specifically for these changes to ensure that no random movies or reels are shared with your Instagram audience.
Method #4: Try Restarting Your Device
If the external link and remixing of th Reel did not work to activate the capability for your account, we suggest restarting your device.
This should help Instagram obtain new data from the servers by clearing caches and restarting app services. This should make it easier for you to access Reels within the app.
Method #5: Update Your Instagram App
If you haven’t updated the Instagram app in a while, we recommend doing so. We also recommend that you re-login to the app after being updated.
This will allow you to refresh your app’s content while allowing the new upgrades to take effect, allowing you to use Reels.
Method #6: Update Your Device Software
If you’ve been using an older device, especially one that predates iOS 12 or Android Pie, likely, you haven’t received any security updates in a long time. The Instagram app on your device may be operating with reduced capabilities due to a lack of system resources, camera functionality, and obsolete security.
If your device supports it, you can try updating the system firmware and Android version. If you’re feeling daring, you can attempt rooting your device and installing one yourself. However, if you cannot accomplish either of these things, you will most likely need to upgrade your device.
We strongly advise you to contact the Instagram customer service staff to verify the same before investing in a new device.
See Also: How to Trim a Sound on TikTok in 2022
Method #7: Login Again
We recommend you try re-logging into Instagram as a simple re-login can help fix many issues with your app and account. Re-login can help refresh your connection with the Instagram servers and hopefully help trigger the Reels option for you.
- Open the app and tap on your profile picture circle at the bottom of your screen.
- Then tap on the menu icon in the top right corner and select ‘Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Log out’ at the bottom of the screen
- Tap ‘Not now’ and again tap on ‘Log out’ to confirm.
- Once all done, restart your device, and log in to Instagram.
If Reels is unavailable, we immensely suggest that you should try the external link trick given above. This will help trigger Reels, which should get the feature up and running for your account.
Method #8: Reinstall the App
If you are still unable to access Reels at this point, we recommend that you reinstall the app. A reinstall will help you fix the majority of issues, squash bugs, and erase cache and data while assuring that everything is working as it should be in the background.
After deleting the app, use the app store to reinstall the most recent version on your device. Now, Log in to your account and use the external link trick at the top to get Reels running within the app once it’s been downloaded.
Method #9: Get in Touch with Instagram Support
Finally, if nothing works, you can contact Instagram customer service using the app’s ‘Help’ feature. This link will take you to a guide that will walk you through the entire process and allows you to contact a representative that will further help you with your issue.
We hope this guide helped you quickly help the Reels working on the Instagram application. If you still face issues or have any more questions for us, feel free to reach out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions on obtaining Reels on Instagram, which can help you stay up to date on the most recent information.
Why can I only use Reels on one of my accounts?
If Reels is only available on one account, your other account is likely experiencing a server-side difficulty. Perhaps you don’t engage with Reels on that account as often or aren’t as active as you once were. It’s also possible that your account has been tagged or marked as hibernating due to inactivity.
Most of these issues can be resolved by using the external link trick at the top. Our in-house testing Instagram account was experiencing this issue on numerous devices, which was resolved by using an external link. To assist you with the process, click this link and follow the steps.
Does VPN assist in getting reels?
Yes, if your government has limited access to Reels and Instagram in your region, you can use a VPN to get around it. Keep in mind that you may need to modify your Account Region and/or utilize a location spoofer in some circumstances.