The option to save drafts is perhaps among Instagram’s top useful features for users who regularly update their feeds. This functionality is immensely valuable when planning content, editing photos, and even writing captions.
However, having composed several drafts, you may decide that you no longer wish to publish part of them to your feed. If that’s the case, you can remove individual drafts or delete all drafts at once to clean up your collection, and get rid of anything you didn’t intend to preserve. A method to delete drafts on Instagram hassle-freely is outlined below.
Step-By-Step Guide to Delete Drafts on Instagram
You can save a snapshot as a draft if you start uploading it to Instagram and then change your mind. Photos that you wish to devote additional time tweaking can be saved in drafts, while those that you don’t care about can be kept there until you finally decide to discard them. The delete button, though, is a bit buried.
With Instagram’s editing and scheduling features, you can feel at ease knowing that your content is ready to go when the time comes. Though you can’t schedule posts in Insta, you can create them in advance and save them as drafts to publish whenever you’re prepared. Here, I’ll walk you through the steps, explaining how to delete drafts on Instagram. For that reason, let’s not waste any more time and get down to business.
- First, launch the “Instagram” application on your smartphone either from the home screen or the app library.
- Next, tap on the “Create New Post” icon. It is the plus symbol inside a square box, present at the bottom of your mobile device screen, in the center.
- After that, you will see a section titled “Drafts”. (Note: This section will be available to only those people who have recently saved any of their Instagram posts as drafts.)
- Now, right next to the “Drafts” section, there will be an option labeled “Manage”. Tap on it.
- Next, you will land on the “Manage Drafts” page. Here, tap on the option named “Edit”.
- After that, select the snapshots and video clips that you want to delete from your Instagram saved drafts, by tapping on them. Once you have picked these files, you will see a tickmark appearing in the bottom right-hand corner of each selected file.
- Now, proceed with tapping on the option i.e., “Discard Posts”. It will be present in the center of the screen at the bottom.
- Finally, a confirmation message asking you to approve the deletion of the chosen drafts will pop up on the screen’s bottom. To delete your posts successfully, tap on “Discard Posts”. That’s all there is to it!
There you have it! A quick and easy guide on how to delete drafts on Instagram. I hope this article was helpful and that you now feel confident deleting any unwanted drafts from your account. So go ahead and get rid of those old drafts. If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to leave them in the feedback section below. I’m always happy to help my readers out in any way I can.
Frequently Asked Question
Instagram drafts vanish after how long?
When you deactivate the Instagram app and then re-download it, all of its saved data, including any drafts you may have created, is also gone. Because of this, any unsaved drafts will be lost when you relaunch the application. So, before proceeding with uninstalling or re-installing the Instagram application, back up all your important data.
How long an Instagram reel draft stays active?
As you might expect, Instagram automatically deletes drafts after a certain amount of time has passed. After 24 hours, story drafts are permanently erased, whereas post and reel drafts may be removed at any time for various factors.
Can Instagram followers view my drafts?
Nobody will ever see your drafts. Your works-in-progress or in other words your drafts are private, and only accessible to you until they are posted.