Over the past few years, people have developed an extreme interest in using the latest technology and switching toward the best ones. Everyone is talking about their stories of how they use various technological platforms etc. etc. And when we talk about choosing and improving technology, we also keep its features in front of our eyes.
To make you understand, everyone remembers the innovation of computer desktops towards innovative, portable laptops and tablets; similarly, no one denies the evolutions that happened with mobile phones.
Now let’s talk about the thing which brought you here. If you are an Xbox user, probably the only innovation you want is to switch from wired headphones to Bluetooth wireless headsets. Because, of course, we have already mentioned that everyone looks for a good change, and you will likely want to replace your jungled wires with sorted wireless headsets. But some users often have to deal with problems who don’t know how to connect bluetooth headphones to Xbox One.
But what is the big deal with it? You will get your answer.
Connecting Your Wired Headphones to Your Xbox One
To connect your wired headphones to your Xbox, you don’t have to go through a tricky procedure because it’s pretty simple as connecting headphones to any other device.
Like a USB port, it has around a 3.5 mm round port to plug your headphones, so there is no science involved with connecting wired headphones.
See Also: How to Enable Dark Mode On Mac?
Why is it Challenging to Connect Wireless Headphones with Xbox One?
Yes, indeed, connecting wireless headphones to Xbox one is not very simple. You might be wondering if it is because of the advanced gadget features or some similar reasons.
But it is so that Microsoft does not design Xbox one to have Bluetooth. Instead, Microsoft gave its own-brand connectivity system: Xbox connectivity.
You might not know that although Bluetooth and wireless connectivity sounds synonymous but are not the same in actuality.
Difference Between Bluetooth and Wireless
To understand the difference, let’s say that all Bluetooth connections are wireless, but all wireless connections are Bluetooth connections. We use Bluetooth to transfer data or files by engaging both devices through Bluetooth.
But in other cases, the device gets signals through infrared or similar movements, just like your TV remote connects with the screen.
Can I Connect Bluetooth Headphones with My Xbox One?
Yes, you can connect your Bluetooth headphones with your Xbox. We discussed Xbox connectivity to state why you cannot join it directly. Remember that some devices can connect with Xbox connectivity, such as Razer, Steel series, etc., but not everyone owns them.
However, you’ll need third-party assistance to play an application role for Bluetooth in your Xbox. They also claim that Bluetooth-connected devices will not be that good and may cause issues with frequency and sounds while playing games compared to the Xbox proprietary devices.
Ways to Connect any Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox One
It was initially disappointing for box users to know they cannot connect incompatible devices to it, such as Bluetooth headsets. But there has to be a way to work this out.
Although Xbox-compatible headsets are more convenient, you can always connect your Bluetooth to your Xbox. And to your relief, there is not only one way to do this. If one method does not work out for you, you can move to try the next. Ready? Let us see how you can connect your Bluetooth headsets with your Xbox One.
Related: How to Fix Airpods Audio Issues on Windows 11?
Through PC Connection
Here your PC will act as a connection to get you the audio from your Xbox. By considering the firmware and hardware similarities, you can understand why it is helpful for this connection. Remember that you’ll have access to game audio, party chat audio, mic, etc. Although the method is still pretty simple, you will need the make sure of the following things:
- Your PC and Xbox must be connected with the same connection.
- Your PC must have Bluetooth.
- You should have the Xbox Console Companion app on your PC, but if you don’t see it, you can download it from Microsoft Store for free.
Now you see these requirements did not scare you at all; these are easily accessible on almost all PCs. Following are the steps you need to follow next:
- Go to the Console Companion app, and sign in using your Xbox account credentials.
- Usually, the App detects your console by itself, but if it doesn’t, Go to the Add a device icon appearing on the left, it will ask you to insert your Xbox’s IP address in this case.
( If you don’t know how to find your Xbox’s IP address, follow this sequence: Settings > Network > Network Settings > Advanced Settings. It will appear on the right side of the screen.)
- After detecting your console, click connect, and it will start paring.
- After successfully connecting, connect your headset to your PC.
- If you are having difficulty connecting, Go to Settings > Device & Streaming > Device Connections. Below other devices, tick “Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox.” And tick both boxes under This Xbox.
See Also: How to Unpair Apple Watch without iPhone?
Connect Bluetooth Headset via TV
You would have heard about your TV having Bluetooth. If so, you can use your TV to build up the gap between your Xbox and headsets. But Bluetooth in your TV is the condition here. You should also know that this method will only allow you to get the game audio; you won’t be able to communicate via Party chat. But since this connection method is easy, most users don’t care about using a mic and going on with the game audio.
Following are the steps to connect your headset with your Xbox through TV:
- First, you must connect your console with your TV; for this, you’ll join the HDMI cord with both.
- When the connection is built; you must set the input source as the HDMI port you have used, using your TV remote.
- Now, go ahead and connect your headphones to your TV.
(Make sure that you enabled the Bluetooth on your TV)
Connect Bluetooth Headset via Xbox App
This is an easy and convenient way of connecting. But it also comes with a few drawbacks. It is suggestible for users who need access to party chat and not in-game audio. You can use this method on Android and iOS; you require a pairing connection and the Xbox oneApp.
Follow these steps to connect your headphones with your Xbox using the Xbox mobile app.
- Connect your headphones with your mobile simply by enabling the Bluetooth connection on both devices.
- Go to the app and access the Social icon from the bottom of the screen (the icon with two people).
- Click the Headset icon.
- Tap while using this App when a permission menu appears.
- The party chat screen will be opened, and you can now easily communicate with your teammates.
Using Bluetooth Transmitter
This method will let you connect your headsets with the console. But remember that it will give access to in-game and party chat audio, which means you can hear your friends, but they can’t listen to you back since your microphone will not be enabled.
Follow these steps to use this way of connecting between your Xbox and headphones.
- Start the transmitter but press long. It depends on the transmitter you use, so it is helpful to check the manual.
- Plug your transmitter into your 3.5 mm port on your Xbox controller.
- NOW power on your headset and put it into pairing mode with your transmitter. Now every headset connecting instructions vary, so you better follow the guidelines of the ones you are using.
- Press and hold the multifunction button of your transmitter for some time to build the connection between your transmitter and the headsets. To link fast, you should bring both nearer to each other.
- Wait until the pairing is completed (signs depend on the model and type you are using); once the connection is established, you can easily connect with your friends on your Xbox.
By now you are familiar with the methods and how to use them to connect bluetooth headphones to Xbox One. Choose the method that suits you best.
If you like the article, please do share across your friends who owns xbox one and might get these issues etc.