Discord is a fun space to hang out on the web for a variety of reasons, including playing games and socializing following a recent stressful workday. You have access to numerous server farms and can interact with tens of thousands of online pals from various communities. However, a number of these groups and servers are intended for people above the age of 18, and you’ll not be permitted to enroll unless you’re over that age.
Therefore, you will indeed be denied access to specific groups, since you provided an erroneous birthday date. Worst of all, if you attempt to connect these servers, your profile may be suspended or terminated permanently. How do you go about altering your age on Discord? Read on to discover more.
Pre-Requisites to Change Your Age on Discord
Before you may legally change your age on the Discord network, you must file an application to do so. But first, each individual must meet some prerequisite conditions. Here are some of them:
- Ensure that you keep a picture ID with you at all times. In addition to your age, the year in which you were born must also be included. The carrying of any government-issued identification is permitted as well.
- Also, be sure to jot down your Discord tag somewhere safe. Check the bottom-left of your display on Discord to see what your tag is. Anything like this -> user#7911, ought to appear.
- Get your photograph taken at this point, holding up your picture ID and Discord tag.
Get everything in writing and printed on the ID, to be legible. Else, your plea for having your age changed could be vehemently denied, and you’d have to file a fresh one if that’s the case.
See Also: How to Play Tanks on iMessage
Step-By-Step Guide to Change Your Age on Discord
If you’re a hard-core gamer, Discord is a great forum, but there may be instances when you want to modify your age for security or other causes. It’s possible that you’re either too young to access the services you’re interested in, or too embarrassed to reveal your true age to the rest of the server’s users.
No matter the situation, this tutorial will teach you how to easily adjust your Discord age settings. Please note that the Discord website does not contain any age settings for the service. If you need to modify your birth date or age, you must submit your proposal. Here is what needs to be done on your end.
- First, launch a web browser of your own choice on your laptop/PC. For this tutorial, I am using the well-known “Google Chrome” web browser.
- Next, navigate to this link. This is the link to the official “Discord” website.
- After that, among the whole list of options appearing in a row at the top end of your screen, click on the one labeled “Support”.
- Now, proceed with clicking on the option named “Submit a Request”. It will be available in the upper right-hand corner, prior to the “Sign In” option.
- Next, you will land on the page titled “Submit a Request“. Here, click on the chevron present beneath the option i.e., “What Can We Help You With?”.
- After that, from the dropdown list of options, click on the one labeled “Trust & Safety”.
- Now, type in the email address you used to sign up for your Discord account, under the option named “Your Email Address”.
- Next, click on the chevron present below the option named, “How Can We Help?”. Then, from the dropdown list of options, click on the one i.e., “Appeals, Age Update, Other Questions”.
- After that, click on the chevron present beneath the option labeled “Appeals, Age Update, or Other Questions”. Then, from the dropdown list of options, click on the one named “Update My Age Information”.
- Now, under the option i.e., “Your Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)”, enter your birth date in the mentioned format inside the box. An example can be as follow: 02/16/1998.
- Next, proceed by clicking on the checkbox present just below the option labeled “Please Confirm That You Have Attached the Required Materials”, in order to enable it.
- After that, under the option named “Subject”, type in something like “Please assist me regarding my proposal to change my age or birthdate”.
- Now, you will also have to provide some description regarding the problem. So, below the option i.e., “Description”, write something as follows: “I accidentally used the erroneous birth date and wanted to update it to the proper one. A request to change my age has been made; I hope you’ll consider it”.
- Next, under the option labeled “Attachments”, pin a snapshot of you holding a piece of paper on which is printed your “Discord tag” and a “Government-issued Photo ID”.
- Finally, once you’re finished, click on the button named “Submit”. It will be available just under the “Attachments” section. That’s all there is to it!
Now, give Discord some days to respond with an appropriate answer. After verifying your identity, Discord will automatically change your date of birth/age. Your request will be denied if that is not the case. So, make sure to provide all the information that is authentic!
Step-By-Step Guide to Change Your Age on Discord Without an ID
If you don’t have access to a valid ID, you’ll have to register a brand-new Discord account in order to update your age. If you’re aged 18 or older, you can show it on your Discord profile by starting a new account. This needs a separate email and password, though.
So, if you’re under 18, you can’t join some Discord groups and communities, but if you sign up for a fresh account and specify that you’re 18 or older, you’ll have complete control of all the content.
Therefore, if you want to change your Discord account’s age but don’t have an ID, you could either adhere to the aforementioned steps or read on for a workaround:
- To begin, open a web browser on your system.
- Next, navigate to this link. This is the link to Discord’s “Create An Account” page.
- After that, provide the required details including Email, Username, Password, and Date Of Birth. (Note: You need to provide a different email address, otherwise you will not be able to create a new account).
- Now, proceed by clicking on the button labeled “Continue”.
- Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to successfully get your new Discord account created, with the correct date of birth this time. With this, your age problem will be resolved!
See Also: How to Change Presence Status on Twitch?
Discord is a great platform for gamers and other online communities, but one thing that can be quite frustrating is its age verification process. If you’re trying to change your age on Discord, you might have some trouble. If you’ve ever wanted to update your birthdate on Discord, now you know how!
By following the steps in this article, you can easily update your profile to reflect your new age. Whether you’re trying to make yourself seem older or younger, Discord makes it simple and straightforward to do. So go ahead and give it a try — once you’ve changed your age on Discord, you’ll be able to enjoy all the features of the platform without any hassle.