We all like to update our social media pages and profiles every now and then, but when it comes to updating your Snapchat username, what do you need to do? Read on for more information, and learn the process to change your Snapchat username hassle-freely, here in this blog post.
Snapchat is a free mobile application that allows users to send and receive snaps (photos and videos) that are only viewable for a set amount of time. Once the time expires, the snap disappears. The app also permits individuals to send snapshots with filters and effects and to communicate with other Snapchat users freely, at any time of the day.
It’s designed to send self-destructing messages, meaning that once you’ve viewed a snap, it’s gone forever. This makes it perfect for sending cheeky messages or sharing momentary snaps with your pals, without worrying about them being saved or shared.
Now, if for any reason you are on the hunt to change your Snapchat username, then surely you have landed on the right page. Here, I will be providing you with a step-by-step guide to accomplish this task without facing any issues. So, without any further ado, let’s move on to the next section and learn the procedure to successfully change the Snapchat username in 2022!
Step-By-Step Guide to Change Snapchat Username 2022
Snapchat allows you to swap your username annually. For the time being, you could only select a new username if it is completely unique, and has never been used before by you or anybody else. So think carefully before you make a switch in your username because you can’t undo it.
In order to modify your username on Snapchat, you need to follow the next-mentioned steps sequentially and carefully. Here is what needs to be done:
- First, launch the “Snapchat” application on your smartphone either from the home screen or the app library.
- Next, tap on your profile icon. It will be available in the upper left-hand corner of your mobile device screen.
- After that, proceed with tapping on the gear-shaped icon. It will be present in the top right-hand corner.
- Now, under the section titled “My Account”, tap on the option labeled “Username”.
- Next, tap on the option named “Change Username”. It will be available under the username box.
- After that, a prompt will be displayed on your screen. Inside it, tap on the button i.e., “Continue”.
- Now, proceed with changing your current Snapchat username with a new one of your own choice. Then, tap on the button labeled “Next”. (Note: You can only have a username that is not used by anyone else, and that meets the Snapchat username guidelines)
- Next, type in your passcode to confirm your decision of changing your Snapchat username.
- Finally, tap on the option named “Confirm or Continue”. That’s all there is to it!
If you don’t know exactly your username, you can find it below your display name by tapping the “Profile” icon in the upper left corner of the screen. Snapchat users can customize their public identity by changing their display name, which is distinct from their username. As often as you want, you can change your display name on Snapchat. Moreover, Snapchat users can still be located by looking for them using either their display name or their current username.
See Also: What Does the Hourglass Mean on Snapchat
So there you have it, a quick guide on how to change your Snapchat username in 2022. Whether you’re looking to change your username for privacy reasons or just want to freshen up your Snapchat account, this blog post will help you do so without any issues or hassles.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me in the comments section below, and I’ll be more than happy to assist you with each one of your queries, in the best possible manner!
Frequently Asked Questions
Changing your Snapchat username in 2022 is possible, right?
Members of Snapchat on Android and iPhone can update their Snapchat usernames at any time, once a year. As part of the 2022 updates to Snapchat, this feature joins others like Bitmoji reactions that make it easier to express yourself in group conversations.
Do rumors really have it that you could now select a different username on Snapchat?
The ability to switch Snapchat usernames is now available to all members of the platform. Users can change their username to any available moniker one time per year without losing any of their previous snap codes, streaks, scores, or memories. They can continue interacting with everyone under a username of their choosing and desire.